Maximize Your Sale With These 7 Easy Staging Tips
Seven easy ways to stage your home and sell it for more money.
Are you thinking about selling your home? If so, it's important to know that some things have changed over the past few months. Homes are staying on the market longer, and sellers must employ different strategies to sell their homes. One important strategy is home staging, and don't worry, that doesn't have to be expensive. There are several affordable ways to stage your home that can make a huge difference in maximizing your return and getting you top dollar. Here are seven that we highly recommend:
1. Take away family photos. Family photos make the house feel like it belongs to you, and you want potential buyers to envision themselves living there. This will increase your chances of getting an offer.
2. Clear out memorabilia. Just like photos, memorabilia can distract buyers and make them miss the great things about your house. Also, removing memorabilia can open up spaces and make homes look bigger.
3. Consider using slipcovers. These can make furniture look brand new and make rooms look lighter and bigger. This is also more affordable than replacing furniture.
"From removing family photos to using slipcovers, these simple tips can make all the difference."
4. Clear the clutter. It makes houses look dirty and feel smaller, so take some time to organize your belongings, get things put away, and pack things up like it's time to move. This will save you time in the long run anyway because you'll have to pack eventually.
5. Painting the rooms that need it. If certain areas of your house could stand to be painted, we recommend doing that, as it's a worthwhile expense. It's cheap, and you can even do it yourself.
6. Open your blinds and curtains. You want all the natural light possible to get in your house. Make sure you have natural and artificial light beaming in your home when it's being shown.
7. Deal with your pets. Pets can be distracting for buyers, even if they're in a kennel. They might bark or make noise, taking attention away from the great things about your house. Therefore, it's a good idea to have an alternative arrangement for pets—they could be with you in the car, at a family member's or friend's house, or on a walk with you when it's time for your house to be shown.
Those are seven things you can do to make your house show better and increase your chances of getting top dollar. Remember, home staging doesn't have to be expensive. By implementing these simple tips, you can make your home look its best and sell it for the price you deserve. If you have any questions, call or email us anytime. We look forward to hearing from you!