National Tell a Joke Day
You think you’re funny? You can find out on this humorous, 16th day of August. On this day, we celebrate national tell a joke day. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses when it comes to joke telling. To help you figure out where your joke telling strengths come from, we have put together a quick list of ways to tell jokes and a description of each method….
1. One-liner jokes: These are usually more of remarks or quick incomplete sentences. This type of joke can either silence the crowd or have everyone in the group rolling on the floor laughing (ROFL).
2. Knock-knock jokes: This is perfect to use when you want to guarantee group interaction. No one wants to hear crickets after you’ve said a one liner.
3. Full comedic act: This can be used when you love being in the spotlight. You should know how to sum up a long story into a less than 3-minute skit. Someone who is comfortable with all eyes on them is the person who should use this joke method.
Jokes are intended to make people happy and to make them laugh until their stomachs hurt. Laughter is the best medicine.
Las Vegas is one of the best places in the world for comedy. We are home to tons of popular comedians that know how to entertain their audiences. While there are numerous comedy shows to catch in Las Vegas, a few popular headliners are:
- The Aces of Comedy located at the Mirage Hotel & Casino.
- Carrot Top located at the Luxor Las Vegas Hotel & Casino.
- Laugh Factory located at the Tropicana Hotel & Casino
How to celebrate today?
Post your best one-liner as your caption on Instagram or Facebook and wait to see the reaction from your friends. Today is about laughing and celebrating the hilarious jokes that have been passed on through the years.
Tell a joke, listen to a joke, send a joke in the mail or visit one of Las Vegas’ comedy shows…. Happy NATIONAL TELL A JOKE DAY!